At Octave, our ambition is to be the most interesting agency in Aotearoa. We seek out meaningful partnerships with organisations on a mission, designing and developing digital experiences that are smart, beautiful and industry-leading.
Octave is looking for a talented digital designer to join the Wellington-based team. We welcome applications from designers who want to take the next step in their career journey and are looking for an environment with a wide range of challenges. Ideally you will have a degree in design or a related field.
What will you be doing:
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs and requirements
- Design thinking and conceptual problem solving
- Creating UX designs that solve complex user and business needs
- Designing digital experiences across multiple browsers and devices
- Clearly articulating your work, including thought process and design decisions
- Designing beautiful and usable UI, preferably in Figma
- Working closely with developers through the build stage.
Skills and experience you will need:
- Intermediate design experience
- Designing detailed wireframes and prototypes
- Writing clear UX documentation
- UI and interaction design
- The basics of typography, layout and colour theory
- A strong grasp of IA and content design
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- A proactive and collaborative approach.
- Experience building or contributing to design systems and documentation
- Experience in running human-centred design activities and workshops
- Interactive prototyping
- UX discovery and testing.
At Octave, we want to help everyone feel connected, find balance, get ahead and support each other to keep improving. Find out about the great things Octave does to help our team achieve their goals here.
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio firstname.lastname@example.org