At Octave, our ambition is to be the most interesting agency in Aotearoa. We seek out meaningful partnerships with organisations on a mission, designing and developing digital experiences that are smart, beautiful and industry-leading.
As a Full Stack Developer, your skills span the full spectrum of the web development landscape. Whether implementing a beautiful front-end interface or developing a robust API layer, with the right support, you have the know-how and the desire to see a build project from start through to completion.
- Developing front-end website architecture
- Developing back-end website applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for current and future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Support the design team in their understanding of the technical complexities of the digital experiences they are designing
- Adhere to high-quality and consistent development practices and processes
- Create appropriate documentation for projects and features
- Contribute to development estimates and aim to improve these over time
- Stay up to date on industry trends and future developments
- Challenge and respect team members
- Speak up if you have an opinion on a technical approach, but also listen to and respect the opinion of other peers.
Key working relationships:
- You will work closely with both the development and design team on projects
- Your direct reports are the company directors
- You will liaise with clients on project work.
Experience & Qualifications:
- An eye for good design and user experience
- The ability to speak with clients and manage project scope
- Good understanding and practical experience of software development techniques and languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and contribute to team performance
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of Git or other version control systems
- Experience with CSS precompilers (e.g. SASS or LESS)
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Server side languages (e.g. Python, PHP)
- Familiarity with database technology such as Postgres, MySQL
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
At Octave, we want to help everyone feel connected, find balance, get ahead and support each other to keep improving. Find out about the great things Octave does to help our team achieve their goals here.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV email@example.com